NJ PBS Signal Changes
A. We have heard from viewers expressing concern about service disruptions in 2018. Thank you for your patience while we looked into these inquiries. For more information on potential causes and resolutions, click here.
Programming and Schedule
A. Our Viewer Services department is happy to help with questions about the NJ PBS network and its programming. Reach us by phone:
- Toll free: 800-882-6622
- Local: 609-777-0031
Or email our Member & Viewer Relations Department.
A. We’ll be glad to keep you updated on what’s happening at NJ PBS; simply sign up for email updates at the top of the MyNJPBS.org homepage.
A. The narration you are hearing is actually the descriptive video service for the visually impaired. You need to de-activate this feature using the DVS or SAP function on your remote.
A. Many programs have episodes available for viewing online. To check out available titles, please visit www.MyNJPBS.org.
A. To find out if a program has a DVD available for purchase, please visit the program’s website.
A. NJ PBS is always on the lookout for fresh content with a local angle. Please submit your ideas via this submission form
NJ PBS News Information
A. NJ PBS' weeknight news program, NJ Spotlight News with Briana Vannozzi, brings you the day’s news stories, analysis and commentary from around the state. It airs on NJ PBS Monday through Friday at 6pm ET, with encore broadcasts at 7:30pm and 11pm ET. You’ll also find it on THIRTEEN at 5:30pm ET (check local listings).
A. NJ Spotlight News online is a great source for ever-updating New Jersey news. Log on at http://www.njtvnews.org/
A. NJ Spotlight News welcomes all story ideas. Tell us yours by email.
A. All WNET and Affiliate personnel, contractors, and agents involved in or supporting factual and documentary programming and reporting are responsible for compliance with WNET’s Production Guidelines. In addition, PBS has a comprehensive set of editorial standards and funding guidelines, available here.
NJ PBS Programming Information
A. You can check the daily schedule on our website.
Active NJ PBS Members who accept email from the network will receive a free twice-monthly eNewsletter, featuring program information.
Membership & Donations
A. NJ PBS is member-supported community television. Your support keeps NJ PBS' quality programs free and independent. We invite you to join NJ PBS or renew your membership at any amount appropriate for you. Annual member benefits begin at the $40 level. Make your secure donation online today or call 1.855.215.6588 to give by phone.
Explore other ways to give to NJ PBS:
- Find out about how to make a bequest, planned gift, charitable gift annuity, car donation and more.
- Mail in your donation by printing out and mailing in this form.
A. If you’re not sure how to get started, or if you just want an overview of how making a donation on our site works, follow the simple steps outlined below.
- Decide whether you would like to receive a thank-you gift or just simply make a donation.
- If you prefer to receive a thank-you gift for your donation, visit our thank-you gifts hub and select the thank you gift you would like to receive. Once you’ve found a thank-you, select the “Quantity” you want and click “Add to Cart” and that gift and its donation amount will be added to your total. All of your gifts will be displayed with a subtotal. At this point, you can continue browsing, finish making your donation, or cancel your entire donation. You can increase the amount of your dkonation to include up to five thank-you gifts per donation by searching for additional gifts and adding them to your cart. You can also add an additional gift with your order at anytime. When you are ready to complete your transaction and send your donation, click “Proceed to Checkout.” You have now entered our secure server. Just follow the on-screen directions to complete our simple form. If necessary, you can then delete items on your list by selecting the check box in the “Delete” column.
- To simply make a donation without a thank-you gift, visit our secure, online No Thank-You Gift donation form. Complete the simple online form and process your donation with a credit card. All of your donation will go towards more quality programming on NJ PBS.
- NJ PBS’ online donation forms are secure and encrypted for your protection. All credit card numbers submitted to the site are encrypted using “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) encryption, which is the industry standard for information security and is used by more than 100,000 Web sites in more than fifty countries. Any personal information you submit with your pledge is encrypted and completely secure. Even in the unlikely event that the information you send is intercepted it will not be usable by anyone else.
- Your peace of mind and safeguarding is very important to us. If you do not feel comfortable submitting your personal information online you can donate by phone by calling us at 1.855.215.6588.
If you have any further questions, please email our Member & Viewer Relations Department.
A. On average, you will receive your thank-you gift six to eight weeks after your pledge payment is processed. If it has been longer than this, please email our Member & Viewer Relations Department.
A. NJ PBS depends on support from individual donors like you in order to continue bringing you the finest educational, entertaining and thought-provoking programming without commercial interruption. The special programming we offer during our fundraising drives help us to raise the funds to continue producing the programs you enjoy throughout the rest of the year. We continue to look for ways to keep the amount of on-air fundraising to a minimum.
A. You can search for a thank-you gift online by clicking here.
A. Many viewers have provided for NJ PBS in their wills and, for most of them, it is the largest gift to NJ PBS they could ever consider. As you review the various deferred gifts discussed on our web site, please keep in mind that one of the simplest ways for you to perpetuate the kind of programming you value so highly is through your will. Click here for more information or contact our office of Planned Giving at 212.560.8521.
A. A list of companies that have recently matched employee contributions to NJ PBS can be viewed by clicking here.
A. See membership levels for a description of what you will receive as an NJ PBS Member.
A. To save money for the quality programming you expect from NJ PBS, we print and send out renewal notices in bulk. This means that it takes several weeks for a renewal letter to get to you. As a result, your renewal gift and our letter probably crossed in the mail.
A. Because it’s so important that we keep our members, we start sending out renewal notices in advance of your membership’s expiration. If you renew early, you’ll still get a full year’s membership; your membership will be extended for a full 12 months from your current expiration date.
A. Thank you for sending in your donation right away! Our donation invoice may have crossed in the mail with your check. Please disregard it. If you receive more than one donation invoice after mailing in your check, please email our Member & Viewer Relations Department and we will verify your donation payment.
A. If you are age 65 or over, you are entitled to full member benefits for only $25 per year. Please note that discount senior members are not entitled to thank-you gifts for their donation, but will receive a subscription to the monthly program e-guide. To make a discounted senior citizen membership gift, call us at 1.855.215.6588.
A. Your membership account information is available to you only if you have ever made an online donation to NJ PBS. To view your giving history, make changes to your contact information, find out your expiration date and more, click here to log on to your online profile page. You will be asked for your username and password. If you can’t remember your username and password, our system will send you a reminder.
A. Your membership’s expiration date can be found in two places: on your Membercard, or, if you have ever made an online donation to NJ PBS, you can access your expiration date in your online profile by clicking here. You will be asked for your username and password. If you can’t remember your username and password, our system will send you reminders.
A. If you have every made an online donation, you can update your information from online profile by clicking here. You will be asked for your username and password. If you can’t remember your username and password, our system will send you a reminder. You can also email our Member & Viewer Relations Department.
A. Please email our Member & Viewer Relations Department and we will send you a new Membercard
A. If you have a question not answered above, or want to contact us for any reason, you can email our Member & Viewer Relations Department.
A. Make NJ PBS part of your marketing mix and get your business in front of an educated, loyal audience while aligning with a local community-driven media outlet. To find out the many ways your company can support NJ PBS, its initiatives, special events and programming, contact Stephen Priolo, NJ PBS' Director of Local Sponsorship & Sales, either by email or by phone (609) 980-8500.
Working for NJ PBS
Subscribe to our E-Newsletters
A. NJ PBS has a regular email newsletter. You can sign up for any of our email newsletters by visiting www.njtvonline.org. To unsubscribe from NJ PBS email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email we send you. If you are already an email subscriber, you can unsubscribe from your online profile by clicking here. You will be asked for your username and password. If you can’t remember your username and password, our system will send you reminders.
General Information About NJ PBS
A. To see where you can watch NJ PBS in your part of New Jersey and the Tri-state area, click here.
A. Visit http://www.NJTV.org/about/
A. Learn more at www.njtvonline.org/about/
A. Visit https://www.wnet.org/annual-report/
A. We’re always happy to be a resource for the press. Contact Debra Falk, NJ PBS Communications by email or by phone 973.233.8862 (office) or contact WNET's main communications department by email or phone 212.560.3022.
Contact NJ PBS/Other Questions
A. Use our feedback form at https://www.njtvonline.org/about/contact/