On January 10th, NJTV News Business Correspondent Rhonda Schaffler moderated a panel for the Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce as part of that group’s 2019 Leadership Series.
The panel, held at the Sheraton Atlantic City, focused on the casino industry, addressing the challenges the industry faces and explored unique opportunities moving forward. Topics included the number of casinos in Atlantic City, the impact on them from sports betting, how they can attract millennials, local crime issues and improving the city’s economy. Panelists included:
- Marcus Glover, President and COO, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
- Mark Giannantonio, President and CEO, Resorts Casino Hotel
- Joe Lupo, President, Hard Rock Atlantic City
- Kevin Ortzman, Regional President, Caesars Entertainment
- Steve Callender, General Manager, Tropicana
About 200 people attended the event, including Steve Priolo, Director, New Jersey Partnerships, NJTV.