NJTV News correspondent, Briana Vannozzi, hosts a panel discussion, Working in Camden: Jobs, Opportunities and Challenges, with youth development and training experts, policy researchers, economic development and social services organizations. The goal: candid discussion about the current local business environment, recent policies and their impact on entrepreneurs and small business owners, career resources for young people and adults, and other economic opportunities for Camden residents.
WHAT: NJTV’S IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD: Camden Community Forum: Working in Camden: Jobs, Opportunities and Challenges. The forum will include a panel discussion and Q&A.
WHEN: Thursday, April 27, 2017; 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (doors will open at 5:45 p.m.). Free admission; Pre-registration recommended to guarantee a seat.
WHERE: Rowan University Camden Academic Building, at 129 Broadway, Camden NJ 08102
Panel and experts-on hand (subject to change):
- Jon Whiten, Vice President, New Jersey Policy Perspective
- Raymond L. Lamboy, President & CEO, LAEDA
- Maria Heidkamp, Director, New Start Career Network and Senior Researcher, Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Willem Schrieks, Web Intern and Camden resident
- Dan Rhoton, Executive Director, Hopeworks ‘N Camden
- Jonathan L. Young, Sr., Camden County Freeholder
WATCH: Can’t attend? Watch forum via livestream at NJTV News – YouTube on April 27th.