RIDGEWOOD, N.J. (AP) — No injuries were reported when a small electrical fire forced students to briefly evacuate a northern New Jersey high school.
Firefighters were summoned to Ridgewood High School around 7:30 a.m. Monday, shortly before classes were due to start.
Ridgewood Schools Superintendent Daniel Fishbein tells The Record (http://bit.ly/1b7u5jt) that a ventilator transformer overheated in one of the school’s second-floor classrooms, creating a smoke condition.
A teacher pulled the fire alarm and the school was cleared out. Students were kept out of the building for about 45 minutes before being allowed back inside.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com