The award winning salon, Bangz Salon & Wellness Spa, will host their second annual Face of Bangz event on Monday, April 22nd, from 7-9 PM. The evening is open to the public and will feature the five finalists who will walk the runway and make brief presentations on why they should be selected as The Face of Bangz. The contestants will be judged by a panel of experts on their beauty, both inner and outer, based on appearance, their personal stories and charities they are pledging support to. The evening will feature refreshments and wine from local merchants and a suggested $5.00 donation at the door goes to the grand prize winner’s charity of choice.
The five finalists were selected by an online “People’s Choice” vote from ten semi-finalists who had been picked by judges from hundreds of entries. Since opening their new venue in 2009, Bangz has made it a priority to be heavily involved in the community through their Bangz Better World Foundation by supporting numerous charitable causes, as well as hosting fundraising events for non-profit organizations. The winner will receive $1,500 in services at the salon, appear in promotional material, and have a $500 donation made to the charity of their choice. The four remaining finalists will be awarded prize packages that include $100 gift cards to the salon and a $50 donation to the charity of their choice. All proceeds from the event will go to the winner’s charity of choice through Bangz Salon & Wellness Spa’s philanthropic fund, the Bangz Better World Foundation.
The five finalists are:
• Amber Delaney (Cedar Grove, NJ) is a board member of the Children’s Cancer Society and lives a lifestyle dedicated to raising money and awareness for several charities. Delaney always tries to reach out to others in need to lend a helping hand. She plans to donate her prize money to Arms Wide Open, which holds a place close to her heart due to the relationship she has with the young boy the donation is dedicated to.
• Kristina Olszewski (West Orange, NJ) has always had a passion for rescuing animals and giving back to the community. She is not only a Cerebral Palsy of New Jersey worker who finds volunteer and job sampling sites for disabled adults, but she has also rescued and found homes for over 200 cats since 2001. If given the honor, Kristina will donate her prize money to A Purrfect World in Bloomfield, a rescue organization that is dedicated to better educating the community about homeless cats and rescuing them from the streets.
• Angelica Stiskin (New York, NY) is an artist, performer, choreographer and dance educator who treats her appearance and presentation as more than a career but also an identity. Her knowledge spans the worlds of commercial and concert dance and her love of dance continues to bloom with every student she teaches, especially now with the opportunity to give back. Angelica will donate her prize money to Invisible Children, a program that exists to end LRA atrocities.
• Reyna Ramos (Newark, NJ) is an aspiring model and actress who is determined to reach her dreams through her charisma and drive. Dedicated to making other people’s dreams come true, Reyna recently helped a cancer patient achieve her dream wedding by doing her hair, make-up, and being the only witness at the marriage. Reyna feels that winning this competition would open new doors to help her achieve her dreams and she to donate her prize money to the Cancer Care of New Jersey.
• Carrie Lane Pearlman (Montclair, NJ) has always been inspired to be a role model who projects not just beauty, but also strength. Upon learning she had juvenile diabetes when she was 8 years old, instead of feeling sorry for herself; she became an advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the same organization she has pledged her prize money to.
This Face of Bangz Event will showcase beauty on the inside and out as the finalists compete in front of a live audience and a panel of judges including salon and media professionals. “The Face of Bangz Contest helps us to engage with the community and find out what is important to our clients and neighbors. Our goal is to find an individual with the same goals and ambition as Bangz so that together we can make a difference,” said Israel Cronk, Manager of Bangz Salon & Wellness Spa. “We are looking to pass the Face of Bangz crown to a woman who understands that inner beauty is even more important that physical beauty” adds Cronk.
The Face of Bangz event is open to the public on a first come, first serve basis. For more details about the Bangz Better World Foundation or to RSVP to the Face of Bangz event, contact Stacey Bender at 973.744.0707 or Stacey.Bender@bhgpr.com